Updated: 25th April 2018
Anita & Ben
- 1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of website visitors to saltofthesound.com and subscribers to our Salt Of The Sound emails.
- 1.2 This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of website visitors to saltofthesound.com and subscribers to our Salt Of The Sound emails; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
- 2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal.
3. How we use your personal data
- 3.1 In this section we have set out:
- + the general categories of personal data that we may process;
- + in the case of personal data that we did not obtain directly from you, the source and specific categories of that data;
- + the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
- + the legal bases of the processing.
- 3.2 We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data“). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your website use. The source of the usage data is Google Analytics. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of our website. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website.
- 3.3 We may process information that you provide to us on our website for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (“notification data“). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
- 3.4 We may process information that you provide to us when freely downloading or streaming our music on third party websites (“service data“), for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters. This data may include your email address, your name, your country, and information about any actions associated with our music (downloads, streams, etc). The sources of this data are as follows:
- + NoiseTrade: we receive your data if you download or stream our music for free on NoiseTrade
- + NewReleaseToday: we receive your data if you download our music for free on NewReleaseToday
- The legal basis for this processing is your consent, as stated on the third party websites specified above.
- 3.5 We may process information that you provide to us when purchasing a subscription to our music on Bandcamp (“service data“), for the purpose of receiving all our music via our email notifications and/or newsletters. This data may include your email address, your name, your country, and information about any actions associated with our music (purchases, downloads, etc). The source of this data is as follows: https://saltofthesound.bandcamp.com/subscribe. The legal basis for this processing is your consent, as stated on the Bandcamp ‘subscribe’ page.
- 3.6 We may process information that you provide to us when purchasing or following our music on Bandcamp (“service data“). This data may include your email address, your name, your address, and information about any actions associated with our music (purchases, downloads, etc). The source of this data is as follows: https://saltofthesound.bandcamp.com. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our business.
4. Providing your personal data to others
5. Retaining and deleting personal data
- 5.1 This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- 5.2 Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- 5.3 We will retain your personal data (name, email address, country, any additional address information you have supplied) for the duration of your subscription to our email notifications and/or newsletter, and/or for the duration of your paid subscription to our music on Bandcamp.
- 5.4 If you unsubscribe from our email notifications and/or newsletter and/or our paid Bandcamp subscription, we will retain your personal data (and the fact that you have unsubscribed) for an additional maximum period of 3 years – this is to prevent any accidental re-subscription due to synchronisation of data between external services (eg. NoiseTrade) and data on our email marketing service, MailerLite.
- 6.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. We will notify you of any significant changes by email.
7. Your rights
- 7.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you by contacting us via email.
- 8.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- 8.2 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- 8.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user.
9. Our details
- 9.1 This website is owned and operated by Tatlow Productions AB, which encompasses all our musical activities (including Salt Of The Sound and Narrow Skies) as well as any other freelance work we undertake.
- 9.2 Tatlow Productions AB is a registered company in Sweden with registration number 556969-8961
- 9.3 You can contact us by email at email@example.com